Cub Reporter

The Student Journalism of Timnath High School

Cub Reporter

Cub Reporter

Dare to Self Care
April 26, 2024
How to Recycle
How to Recycle
April 1, 2024
TRASH.
TRASH.
April 1, 2024

The Ultimate Shoe Article

Jackson Avery’s Yeezy Slides

Shoes can tie about any outfit together. Whether it be color matching, style matching, or full-brand matching it can make your typical clothes look great. So let’s go through the newest styles in the shoe market in 2023. 

Yeezy’s

The Yeezy brand coming from Adidas has had a huge impact on the shoe game with their comfort. The dropping of many Yeezy slides and the new revolution of foam shoes across all brands have completely changed fashion. Yeezy slides are now just the perfect shoe with incredible comfort, durability and many nice subtle colorways. Most of the slides’ price range is about $80-130$ which may seem expensive but the overall feel of the sandal-like looking shoe makes it 100% worth it.                                                                                                             

Then there is the Yeezy Foam RNR or just the Yeezy foam runner. Now at first look these shoes can look disgusting and to be honest they aren’t known for their looks, but it is a full shoe and not just a slide. It is another shoe that is completely made out of foam too and is ridiculously comfortable. It also comes in mixed colorways where one color is splattered with another, unlike the Yeezy slides. The price range on the foam runners is more expensive and about $100-$300 in some sizes. But they are comfortable, and durable because like the slides, they can even be worn in the ocean and have no effect. The only problem with the slides and the foam runners is that they run small. So that means if you normally wear a size 9, you should get a size 10 so that they aren’t too small for you to wear.

Jordan Brand

Another really popular shoe right now is the Jordan 1 Lost and Found or the Jordan 1 Chicago (they’re pretty much the same sneaker) since the last time they released was in 2015. The price on these is anywhere from $250-$500 depending on size, which is pretty expensive but the shoe is a classic.

And I asked a freshman who knows a lot about shoes and loves them, Jackson Avery, what his favorites, least favorites and other opinions are on some shoes as well. He said that his favorite shoes ever are Jordan 4s, either in the Fire Red Colorway or the Bred Colorway. He also mentioned Kobe 5s, which are basketball shoes and they’re debated to be one of the best basketball shoes ever made. Another shoe he mentioned is the “1985 Chicago’s” which look identical to the lost and founds above, but they are from 1985. The Jordan 4 Fire Red re-released in November of 2020, and originally retailed at $200 but now are in the price range of about $290-500 depending on sizing. But this was an original Jordan 4 colorway released in 1989 and it always manages to stand out in every outfit. The Jordan 4 Bred (mix of black and red) released in May of 2019 and they originally retailed for $200 as well, but these skyrocketed in price, some sizes going up to $650 and a size 16 is $1,050. The Bred’s are supposed to release again though in February of 2024, and they’re calling it the “Bred Reimagined”. The release of the Jordan 4 SB Pine Green   this year was also a huge hit with its release in March 2023. and some sizes now go for $600.