Cub Reporter

The Student Journalism of Timnath High School

Cub Reporter

Cub Reporter

Dare to Self Care
April 26, 2024
How to Recycle
How to Recycle
April 1, 2024
TRASH.
TRASH.
April 1, 2024

Answers from Crawdads

Here are some answers to questions we have received in the Cub Connections submissions in the relationships category.

*The crawdads are a bit crabby. They will provide blunt advice every month.*

“How do you get a girlfriend?”

Be bold. It’s harsh, but being yourself is not enough. This is not a Wattpad, you are not Y/N. Life is not a hallmark movie. Sorry to crush your delusions. You actually have to put in the effort if you want someone’s attention. On a real level, you can’t send mixed messages. You either like someone or you don’t. Girls like people who know what they want and go for it without hesitation, without coming off as aggressive. You have to be honest and genuine about how you feel and how you go about it. Don’t act like someone you’re not and don’t listen to your guy friends, they will set you up for failure just for fun (really because they’re jealous you don’t love them).

“How do you keep your girl happy?”

To keep your girl happy, just don’t be frustrating. Don’t purposely do things meant to upset her or annoy her because it’s not always cute. If she is sad, comfort her. If she is telling you about her day, listen. Open doors for her, give her flowers (even if you know they’ll die in a week), and be courteous. Most girls will appreciate the little things, like giving her your jacket or writing her notes, so there’s no need to overcompensate all the time or try too hard. But just because you’re already in the relationship doesn’t mean that you should stop trying to make her happy. And this shouldn’t be one sided either; she should want to make you happy as well and try just as much as you do. If she really likes you, your company should be enough, as long as you treat her right.

“How do I get my bf to love me more?!?!? I’m a girl literally living the y/n life and he still says he loves me but doesn’t show it!!!!! :(( What should I do?” 

A lot of the time, girls aren’t the only ones who get nervous or overthink everything in a relationship. For guys, it can be really hard to show affection because they think they’re not supposed to express those types of feelings because they’re afraid of embarrassing themselves and opening up. Guys have different love languages, so even if it doesn’t align with what you expect from him, he can show it in his own way. Sometimes they try to do little things for you that you wouldn’t notice, or maybe they just don’t know what to do. You should communicate how you feel honestly and put it bluntly so that there won’t be any misunderstandings. If he doesn’t care, dump him because someone else could probably treat you better. 

“What do I do if he is cheating on me?”

In my opinion, I don’t think it’s worth it to stay with a guy like that. I think cheating shows a lack of character and respect towards you. I would just confront him and dump him. Getting back at them by doing the same thing they did to you would be immature and show that you would stoop down to their level, and two wrongs don’t make a right. You may feel degraded or disrespected in a way, and I know it is hard to let someone you love go, but it’s better to keep your dignity and have some self-respect. Just remember, once a cheater always a cheater.