Prom Dreams: Embracing Hope for The Perfect Night

Issues with past dances

It is insanely obvious how many problems there have been with dances and events in the past. One of the main problems was the theme. Another issue was how big the auditorium was and how it couldn’t fit enough people. And then there was another, and another, and another. There have been continuous issues and it stems from not including the student body and the decisions being made by only Cub Vision. Not everyone can be in cub vision, or they would rather be anonymous and share their opinions that way. There also has to be a good lead-up for people to want to go. If it isn’t hyped up enough or if good representation isn’t showing then not a lot of people are going to be wanting to be involved. 

Involve the student body more. Not just cub vision

Dances could be more successful if we collected opinions from the student body. For example, holding votes for a theme would lead to more people being happy with it. For example, many students were unhappy with the theme of our recent winter formal, which greatly decreased the possible attendance of the dance. If we were to send out a survey with a variety of themes, and students were able to choose their favorite, it could lead to more people coming to the dance, and overall a more fun experience.

Sophomores at prom

The only way that sophomores should be allowed to prom is if they are invited by a junior. There is no reason that sophomores should be allowed without already being invited. It is already set that prom is an upperclassmen event, and if sophomores were to be invited that would be going against its tradition. One worry is that there will not be enough people if it is just the junior class, but with juniors having dates, we believe that there will most definitely be enough people to attend. 

Hopes for prom

Overall, we are hoping that with enough student body involvement, this dance will be fun and successful. We think that having a smaller prom, with just juniors in attendance could still be a fun experience.